Canadian Licensing Links

Thank you everyone for your continued support of CSU Specialty Underwriting Inc. We value your support and know that your clients value your expertise as a licensed insurance professional. As such, we would like to remind you that provincial licensing rules and regulations require you to have a current license in the province where your clients reside.

CSU Specialty Underwriting markets special Accident Health Products through various Lloyd's Underwriters and works with licensed Life and Accident sickness intermediaries through out Canada.  General Insurance agencies, agents (sometimes mistake their license sometime commonly known as other than life license as being able to sell this Accident Sickness insurance which is not the case.) are able to utilize our programs for their clients through our Broker Agent Referral Program and appointing our company as a representative of your agency for the marketing of these products.

For example, an Alberta broker (individual or incorporated) providing any insurance advice to a resident of Ontario would require a non-resident license (individual or corporate) in Ontario. Applying for non-resident licensing requires applicants to first be licensed for the same category of license in their home jurisdiction. If the applicant's home jurisdiction does not require a license, appropriate documentation from the governing authority is required.

For occasional sales to customers in other provinces, you may wish to refer them to CSU's  Advisor Link service. Your clients will speak with one of our Licensed Insurance Advisors who will provide them with the same high level of customer service on your behalf while you earn referral compensation. We can be reached at 1-866-865-8785.

CSU tracks the insurance license information you originally provided. Generally, this is the license information for your home province or territory. You can mitigate the risk of regulatory fines or penalties and ensure the continued delivery of compensation payments by verifying that your licenses are current.